Our Parent “QTAC and QCAA Info Night” last night was very successful, with many parents receiving all the relevant information that they required regarding our ‘unique’ schooling system. However, there was a lot of information provided in a short period of time. This would explain why we forgot what was said by the School’s Principal. Or maybe your short term memory is just not great. Either way, don’t worry. We have you covered!
Here a list of important information to remember from yesterday.
The Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC)
- Ensures their admission rules are used correctly in your application
- Apply to QTAC for courses in QLD Institutions
- To use your Rank for Interstate applications apply through: (UAC, VTAC, SATAC, TISCOnline)
- QTAC Now have a few downloadable app
- Find courses, entry requirements and cut-offs using Course Search on line
- Have and Education Assistance Scheme (for special consideration)
Visit the QTAC website for more information: https://www.qtac.edu.au/
The Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority
- Provide Kindergarten to Year 12 syllabuses, guidelines, assessment, reporting, testing and certification services for Queensland schools
- Refer to Hubbard’s Students as “Adult Students”
- Host Senior External examinations
- Students who will be 17 years or older at the end of 2018 may sit as many subjects as they wish and do not have to apply for eligibility
- Students who will be 16 years or younger at the end of 2018 must complete an ELIGIBILITY FORM Completed eligibility form should be sent to the QCAA
Visit the QCAA website for more information: https://www.qcaa.qld.edu.au/
QCAA Senior External Exams
- Have a strict registration closing date of 30 June
- Registration forms are available as of 1 June 2018
- Have the option to apply for special provision for exam conditions
- Special provisions have a strict deadline for applications
- Start 19 October 2018 and Finish 8 November 2018
The 2018 Senior External exam timetable: https://www.qcaa.qld.edu.au/downloads/senior/see_timetable_dates_18.pdf
STAT Special Tertiary Admissions Test
- STAT is a 2 hour aptitude test
- Demonstrates your capability of undertaking future tertiary study
- For entry to Queensland institutions
- STAT results may be used to increase a student’s your chances of getting into a course
- Students can only sit the test once per STAT year. The current STAT year is 15 April 2017 to 14 April 2018.
For further information about STAT tests: https://www.qtac.edu.au/applications/application-resources/alternative-pathways/special-tertiary-admissions-test
If you would like more information on any of these topics, always feel free to call or email Hubbard’s School, and we will answer any and all of your queries.