About Hubbard’s School
Hubbard’s School is a co-educational, Queensland Independent School situated at Level 1/ 15 Lang Parade, Milton.
The Hubbard's School educational program is recognised as an alternative, differentiated, rigorous academic pathway for senior school students. This pathway and pedagogical approach is tailored to prepare and support academic students to complete year 12 through external senior examinations in preparation for future tertiary studies. This pathway also enables students who require a flexible education program to cater to their personal situation. Students can tailor their individual educational program by selecting from one to five subjects during the year. Some of the reasons that students choose this pathway include: heavy training schedules in sports, dance, theatre and music, accelerated or differentiated learning styles, and unique medical circumstances
We look forward to working with you!
Year 11 & 12 (Senior External)
This Alternative Academic Program caters exclusively to senior school-aged students. Students enrolled in this option complete each senior school subject in one scholastic year; not over two years as is the norm in mainstream schools.
This program prepares young people for success at the tertiary level with:
- an academic focus
- considerable personal freedom (and consequent responsibility); and
- a balanced lifestyle.
For more information please navigate to 'Year 11 and 12' on our website.
University Prerequisite Courses (CATP)
Hubbard's School has enthusiastic, qualified and experienced staff who offer:
- Academic Tutoring - For students in Years 7 - 12 and assistance for first year tertiary science and mathematics students
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test Tutoring - A two-hour aptitude test, administered by QTAC, that demonstrates applicant's capability for undertaking future tertiary study
- Personal Essay Tutoring - For students pursuing entry into a Bachelor of Education
- Vacation School - Running through January for students in Years 8 to 12
- Study Skills Sessions
- Life Coaching
- Carer Guidance
For more information please navigate to 'Academic Coaching' on our website.